Everyone knows that when you’re hankering for a succulent, flavorful steak, Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse is the perfect place to go to satisfy your cravings. But we’re all busy, and sometimes it can be difficult to find the time to make the trip to your local restaurant. Whether the kids are sick, the boss keeps calling, or an event like an earthquake or a hurricane prevents you from going out, the intricacies of life often stop us from treating ourselves to a little rest and relaxation.
But never fear! We at Bugaboo Creek are here to help satisfy you with an indulgence right at your own home. Moxie has compiled the best of his personal grilling tips to make sure that no matter how busy your schedule, you can always have a delicious steak. And with the summer coming to a close, don’t miss out on these last few opportunities to use that barbeque grill. So before you reach for that box of tasteless frozen dinners, try out these techniques on your grill!
- With all the focus on proper marinating and seasoning to produce flavor, many don’t realize that one of the most important steps to producing a flavorful steak happens before the meat even hits the grill. Choosing the right fuel for your barbeque is crucial, and we recommend always using charcoal. Although it may take longer to cook with, charcoal is the key to flavor and irresistible taste. Charcoal briquettes were invented in 1920 by Henry Ford and Thomas Edison—how could the pioneers of the automobile and the light bulb be wrong about something as simple as grilling? They were on to something.
- Speaking of flavor, the right way to season a steak to perfection is different for everybody. Whether you are a simple salt and pepper kind of person or you would rather slather your steak in a multitude of sauces, do it how youlike it. Don’t feel the need to season more or less than you want to. The perfect way to season is all about YOU.
- Keep your grill hot for best results. If you want juicy and flavorful steaks, turn up that heat!
- Remember to turn your steak over only ONCE. We’ve found that doing so helps to keep all the delicious juices and flavors inside the meat and not sticking to your grill. A method we like to use to get those signature diamond-grill marks is to grill the steak for 3 minutes, then rotate by 45 degrees and grill for 3 more. Then flip the steak over and repeat the process.
- Want to know how done your steak is but don’t want to cut it open yet? Try this trick: pinch the skin in between your thumb and forefinger—that consistency is about a medium rare. The firmer your steak is to the touch, the more well-done it is.
- Finally, after you’ve been hovering over the grill anxiously awaiting your dinner, your first reaction can often be to jump right in and chow down the instant the steak comes off the grill. But be patient. Wait about 5 minutes before cutting into it to allow the juices and flavors to permeate. Trust us, it’s worth it.
But if this all sounds a little too complicated, just stop on by at Bugaboo Creek and we’ll be happy to do all the work for you. We’ll make you a steak even Henry Ford and Thomas Edison couldn’t resist.